Friday, April 12, 2013

January 14, 2013

This week has been an interesting one! We had a Zone Conference, which is with President and Sister Riggs, the Assistants, Zone Leaders and another Zone. We also had Zone Training, which is with just our Zone Leaders and the Centreville Zone in which I serve. We had a lot of time in meetings and not much with our investigators. People cancel, get sick or go out of town. I hate feeling unproductive!
One of the sister missionaries here has really been struggling. Two days ago she started packing her bags. She was done and ready to go home. She has 6 months left on her mission. She said she knows it is all true. She knows God is there and believes in Jesus Christ as her Savior. But she said she is not willing to make the changes God is asking her to make. Something about forgiving and forgetting a long ago family issue. She wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it.
My companion and I went to her house on both Friday and Saturday for many hours. We asked her inspired questions, testified boldly as to why she needs to stay a complete her mission. The Mission President was busy, so the Assistants came out. We all did this for quite a while. Many times the sister would not respond. She had taken her nametag off and was wearing pants. She was so not herself. It was like Satan had entered her heart and was trying to take over. I had never seen her like this before. The natural man was winning and she knew it and didn't care. She was accepting damnation. I asked her, "Why, with your agency, would you choose not to have agency any longer? That's what damnation is. Your knowledge and ability to choose is limited." Many other things were shared and many scriptures given. The Savior will help us with our burdens. One of the Assistants shared with her 
 
Mosiah 24:14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."
 
 This is one of my favorite scriptures. Her companion said, "I need you. I need you here. The people need you." Her mission is not complete for another 6 months. She has signed up for the Lord's Army and she cannot abandon post and I refuse to let her! I know it is something she will only live to regret. After a long time, we finally broke the intensity with some laughter and jokes. She actually smiled and laughed with us. She joked about how she couldn't fit in her pants anymore anyway. haha. It was good to see her change and be herself. She said for now she is staying. We went and got some dinner. She will be meeting with President today. I hope and pray that she will stay.
 
That was a big part of my week; helping her. It is emotionally draining when that much of your love is given to someone else. I don't understand how the Savior did that all the time. Our deepest wounds he can heal with his own. When that much of you is sapped out, you must replenish it. I replenish by reading the scriptures and thinking of Holy things.

-Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment