Sunday, March 17, 2013

January 7, 2012

My investigators, well God's investigators, are so great. I love them. They are all so up and down. One of our investigators is going out of town for 2 weeks. In missionary world, that is a long time with no face to face contact! A transfer is only 6 weeks! But he is reading and studying many things. His wife is so gung-ho about the gospel that she is already talking about being sealed and he is still trying to find out whether God and Jesus are separate beings! We need to give him milk before meat. Spiritually he needs to be taught slower than she wants. Change and conversion is a process, not an event. 
 
B is funny because she doesn't want to be a mormon, but she has no clear understanding of what we believe. We try to teach her something and she goes off on a tangent, or disagrees. But she is great and so kind hearted.
The sister we got from a referral is a sweetheart. She called us at 1 in the morning because she was lonely. I felt bad that I was so deep in sleep that I didn't hear it ring. We taught her the Plan of Salvation. She agrees with most of it but doesn't think she can do it. Doesn't believe she can repent. She has zero self-confidence. We say, "We know you can do this. Christ will help you." "I can't do it. I think I'm Satan. I can't find peace. I'm so depressed all the time." "You're not Satan. You are a daughter of God, who loves you and wants you to realize your importance to Him. He has a plan for you." "You think so?" She is a sweet soul who needs friends and needs the gospel. We ARE going to clean her house the next time we go over there. It smells like hair. Dog hair, cat hair, people hair, old hair, you name it. I feel bad that she doesn't have the energy to do it herself. She feels so terrible and like a sinner because she is "slothful". Her heart is so humble. The thing with her is she is not in our area. She is in a different city, so we can't really invite a member from our ward to go with us. We need someone from her ward to fellowship her.
 
I love baptisms! They make my soul burst with joy! For "except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (John 3:5). And it must be done by God's authority. I hope you call that recent convert girl. Talk to her and help her feel included and loved. Sometimes when people get baptized, they get lost in the fold. Don't let that happen to her.
 
G got offended by an opinion that he asked for about a money issue. Dumb. It is sad to see people walk away from Christ's church just because of a small offense by an imperfect person. Yes, it may have hurt G, but he should not base our entire church off of one opinion. I pray that his heart will soften for later.
 
Well, I best be going.
 
-Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment