Friday, April 12, 2013

January 21, 2013


I had a mini party with some missionaries and then a wonderful family in the ward, had us over for dinner yesterday for my bday. They made my favorite meal! Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and brownies with ice cream. They gave me presents too. Sister L sewed my companion and I skirts! She is so sweet and so close to the Spirit. I couldn't've asked for a better weekend.

 
President Riggs called me and sang Happy Bday to me on my bday! Isn't he amazing?! I love this mission.
 
We found 3 new investigators! A father and two kids. We knocked his door and he said, "Teach me and my kids about Jesus Christ." ...uhhhhh, pardon me?!!! No way! He asked us to pray for him. We came back a couple of days later and taught him and his family about the gospel of Jesus Christ: faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost and enduring. It was wonderful. The Lord really will place people in our path that are ready to receive the gospel! It actually happens. We will see what happens with this. As we taught, I was explaining to his daughter the spirit. I asked her, "How do you feel right now?" "Happy." "That is the spirit." The father had many questions like: is Jesus black or white? What is God like? Have you had any experiences where he has shown his power? Where do we go after we die? Was it Joseph Smith who saw God?
 
Ten years ago, the father of the family had a dream where Christ was at the top of a bunch of steps. He himself climbed the long journey to Christ and when he arrived Christ said, "Not yet." I asked him if he felt like now was to time to come to Christ. He said, "maybe".
This is the perfect time to give them the truth they all need.

-Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment