Sunday, March 17, 2013

December 24, 2012

Hello family! Happy Christmas!
I love being a missionary. It is awesome; full of awe! I received a new companion!
My new companion is Sister Anderson! I love her! She has 11 weeks left. Crazy! She served in Gainesville once before! Rarely do missionaries go back to the place they already served. This is her second Christmas here in Gville. So she knows a lot. I am excited to serve with her.
 
 
I spoke in church yesterday about the birth of Christ and "good tidings of great joy"! People told me different things, which is good I guess because hopefully it was done by the spirit and each received what they needed. T, an investigator, said it was a very calming talk, a member from the Bishopbric said it was spot on, B, an investigator, said it was very informative and more geared towards children. One sister said, "You tell stories so well! I have the attention span of a 5 year old but you got me to listen the whole time. I want you to come over to my house and share stories like that with me more!" Haha! I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not haha. :) I was nervous because it was Christmas and the youth speaker didn't show. (She was a recent convert who was supposed to speak. We helped her with her talk and she had it ready but didn't show. I think she got scared. That's okay though. I hope she doesn't feel like she can't show her face anymore. We still love her.) Bishop Eliason was the other speaker and there were only 2 musical numbers. I did my best to follow the spirit, teach doctrine and share personal experiences. I covered Luke 2 and 3 Ne. 1.
 
-Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment