Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 4, 2013

There are YPM's here (Young performing missionaries), and one of the Tech Elders just told me to tell you hello from him! His name is Elder Mortensen, and actually, his companion Elder Anderson served in Germany on his full-time mission and Kylen was his MTC teacher! Ha!

We had the Carthage Commemoration this week and is was so powerful! President Gilliland didn't even use notes as he addressed us!!!!!!!!!!! I love that man. The sisters had a special meeting in Carthage Jail after all the guests had left. We had a testimony meeting in the Martyrdom room. The Spirit was so strong you could cut it with a knife!! Some things I wrote down from the sisters testimonies goes as follows:
"It's not about the piece of plastic we put on every day, it's about painting that tag on our hearts." -Sister Holt
"Have sacred moments with the Savior." -Sister Gines
"How can we be more sensitive to the Spirit?" -Sister Kim
"[at the restoration] when the light pierced the earth it never left us and now we have a piece of that light within." -Sister Umphenour
"This is a moment that matters most." -Sister Ripplinger
"Would I exchange anything for this moment? Never." -Sister McInelly
"How DARE you forget the Savior in your missionary work? Remember your own nothingness." -Sister Hall
"Christ is the source of peace." -Sister Streeter
"I can go on faith. We can because He did." -Sister Richardson

Don't you love them?! I do! I love these Sisters!

Well, I only have like a month left of my mission and sometimes Satan tries to make me feel like I am a terrible missionary, and that I haven't learned anything. That is kinda how I've felt recently.
For the past 2-ish weeks I have felt sick every morning and every night. It kinda goes away during the day. I feel like I want to throw up, but nothing comes out. I have just been pushing it aside and dealing with it throughout the day because I don't want my mission to be hindered, nor do I want the Lord's work to slow because of me. I know God is giving me the strength that I need to serve. Sometimes I think: "I can't do this!" And then I remember: "Oh that's right. I can't. Only Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can do it through me. They give me the strength."
So I am doing well! I absolutely love being a missionary. I have never been so happy in all my life. Every day I get to invite others to come unto their Savior. It is the most humbling thing I've ever done. I love wearing this tag.

Thanks for caring enough about me and all of the sweet sisters. This is the best mission in the world. I have never felt so much a part of a family of saints. I love Nauvoo!

I love you all!
-Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment