Friday, September 14, 2012

BLOG for June 14, 2012

 I went to a grave site here and felt somber way until one of my companions said, "Do you feel how peaceful it is here?" She suggested I read Alma 40. That made a difference. Maybe you could to the same. Remember in Alma 40 where it says in verse 11: "Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection--Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." It goes on to say that those who were righteous are in paradise, a state of rest from the troubles and all care and sorrow.
 
We are getting busier here in Nauvoo. More people are starting to come. Quite a few youth groups.
One day the VC was so full of people, I was pretty overwhelmed. I didn't know who to talk to or what about. I know there are specific people I am supposed to talk with, so it was difficult for me, with all that bustle, to figure out who God sent to me and who the spirit was directing me to talk with.
One of the groups had a leader who was fussing and rushing them all over the place. Oh man! That is not the way to enjoy Nauvoo! I felt bad for them. She is going to rush the Spirit right out! It made me sad and a little upset, but I knew I should not get upset with her. I need to love her too. I knew in order to feel calm about it, I had to talk to her. So I did for a few minutes. She is a great woman, and I can see how it would be hard to herd around a bunch of youth and make sure they can see everything they need to. I hope their experience will be great.
I did get to talk with a couple from this group and helped them really focus on Nauvoo. It is interesting how the Lord let me know who I needed to chat with. An entire group of youth came in and one girl stood out to me, so when she was free, I talked with her. I think it made all the difference in her experience.
 
Well, I best be off. I love you! Thank you for everything you do.
 
Sister Zibetti,

No comments:

Post a Comment