Friday, September 14, 2012

August 28, 2012

Call center. aka. Mira-Call center
Crowds have slowed way down, many missionaries have gone home, but we sisters are using every moment as golden time to study. We call on referrals for 4-6 hours a day. We call from a computer and have a headset. We try to share a message with them according to the Spirit and what the person on the phone talks about.

This week has mostly been calling. We have been calling on all of the referrals for the Pageant CD and missionary referrals. My companion and I's goal for calling last week was 660 and we accomplished 617. Pretty crazy. Most of these people don't answer the phone, but some do and some accept. Some are prepared. Some want missionaries, some, most, refuse. Some people just need to hear a message of uplift. No conversation goes the same. Some are less actives that I try to boldly and lovingly encourage to come back to the Savior.
I miss being on the floor of the VC and talking with people face to face. Looking in their eyes and figuring out what they need spiritually. Being on the phone really causes me to rely on the Savior and the Spirit to tell me what to say and how to say it. Which is good and how it should be. I need to rely on Him more.
On the floor this week I gave a Pastor a mini tour of the Christus statue. It took a while to get her to open up, but soon I got to discuss the Savior and the Book of Mormon. I recited My Missionary Commission which states: "I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation, I have been selected as a personal representative of the Savior Jesus Christ. He is my master. And He has called me to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He were personally ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, my acts are His acts, my words are His words and my doctrine, is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done, to say what he wants said, to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of this great and marvelous latter-day work. How great is my calling!" -Bruce R. McKonkie
It was powerful. She agreed to read the BoM.
Elder Golden of the 70 recently came to speak to us. When he spoke, it was so reverent and quiet that you could hear a pin drop in the large chapel. The Spirit was so strong there. One thing he said that I thought was prophetic was: "The point is being reached where Satan can no longer stop the church from going forward. It's almost reached the point of no return." Meaning the work will go forward quickly and fully very soon.
After that fireside, Elder Golden came over to President Gilliland's house and talked to us YSM's and YPMs. He said: "We don't study the scriptures to just gain knowledge. We do it so we can be cleansed by the Holy Ghost each time we study we are cleansed. It changes your nature." That's why reading scriptures must be a consistent process.

Sister Zibetti

No comments:

Post a Comment