Wednesday, November 7, 2012

September 20, 2012

I just wanted to share an experience I had this morning. I got to go to the Nauvoo Temple and do Baptisms!!! It was so amazing! The Spirit was so strong in that room. I prayed to have a wonderful experience. Believe it or not, I did the work for a girl named Ambor. From Norway. A little different spelling, but basically my first name. God is so aware of me and so loving. Unconditional love.
This week we had Elder Choi (Chay) from the Quorom of the 70, and his wife, come to our mission for 3 days. He said in the beginning, "The reason why we are here is because the Lord sent us here. He has given me the key from the 12 Apostles to preside over and receive revelation for this mission as I am here this time." He will then report to the 12 upon his return. He gave the mission three training meetings. Each an hour and a half to two hours. Then us Young Sister Missionaries had him for an entire day! What an incredible 3 days of spritual high and uplift! My brain was ready to explode with spiritual information, it was amazing. I have come to understand more why after Joseph Smith had the 1st Vision, he was found on his back and exhausted. Spiritual experiences can wear you out! In a good way. I loved it! Sister Streeter and I sang for one of the meetings upon Elder Choi's request to have a young sister musical number. "Be Still My Soul". That same duet we did on the DVD I sent home to mom. You should watch it.
Also, I was asked to have an interview with him. Only three of us sisters were to be interviewed. It was pretty nerve-racking, but that is how God wanted it. It turned out be very simple and I felt his love.
Some of my favorite counsels I received through the Spirit from Elder Choi are quoted here:
  • "GIGO. Gospel In, Gospel Out.
  • If we don't study hard, we are in DANGER. My study became a survival game.
  • Real teachers will lead others to change.
  • Write down thoughts and feelings. I don't care if you draw! Just write things down as I speak and then act.
  • Regard your investigators as your equals. God's children. See them with the potential of what they can become.
  • We must become one with Christ to do his work. To abide in his love, we must keep his commandments; obey."
Then we referred to John 15. As a servant, I don't know what the master thinks, but as his friend, I understand what he thinks. I must think like the Savior and like President Gilliland. I must be one with them. As we become one, the devil has no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment